Saturday, September 29, 2007

With Twins!

Twins - I have always been fascinated by them. Aren't they a miracle of the nature? Two individuals just like each other - to a large extent one can replace each other completely. The first time I ever saw them was when I was in Ramagundam - Nani and Chinni (brother and sister) - I used to be with them and wonder. And then came Sandeep and Pradeep (:)) and I wondered more. How and why it was the way it was. But then it was - two people and exactly the same. That was a long time back. I had not though of it in a long time now. Till 20th of september of this year.

Leaving Bangalore never occured as I was exhausted with the last day preparations and packing and un-packing at the airport as my lauggage exceeded by 5 kg ... sigh. I was vdamn tired. The last thing I heard consciously was - "... when this happens, that means the air pressure is low in the cabin ... " and when I opened my eyes, it was bright outside - I had already lost two and half hours of my life and was landing at Kuala Lumpur. I always wanted to be there as Uday said it was a lovely place. As a welcome surprise, my cell-phone was already in roaming. After a lot of moving aorund the airport, foound the correct visa counter and in two hours we were on the streets of the countryside which was an hour's drive ffrom the main city - KL. Breakfast and lunch in the resort hotel booked was wonderful and an hour's sleep did help in refueling :)

Within an hour of drive from there - the drive which was unique in its own way because of all the huge mountains and land pieces covered with planted palm oil trees - mesmerizing in their own way. The king's palace - it seemed the king was really there in the palace that day, the world's largest butterfly/bird garden and the menare-KL - all of them just passed by, as I could see them - those twins. Finally I was there at the foot of the twins - these ones created by humans - beautiful blue-green panes allover - shiny and tall - exactly as I like them.

The first time I saw them I remembered a tarana Madam had taught me a few years back - dhir dhir tanan nana - in its full form and pace - with the beats of pakhawaj. A beautiful piece of work - wonderful how man creates such pieces of work which are so huge in form and/or effect that they live on ... even after man is gone. I am sure the alien space-ships passing by the equator of earth do spot these outstanding brothers and marvel humanity! A five storey shopping mall which belittled The Forum and numerous photographs hence, when I left the place back for the airport, there was just one thing in my mind - my craving (i have at last got this word) for grandness and what actually it may scale to - for grandness, sky is the limit ... On the trip back, I dozed off for a mintue and had a vision - of Mom, bro and RT at the airport - patiently waiting for me outside the airport. I missed them.

Song: Jan-e-Jane Ja ...

No comments:

Post a Comment